The deadline for receipt of completed applications for the fall semester is the preceding December 1st. Applications received after this date may be considered if openings exist. Students are accepted for the fall semester only.
The admissions process involves both the UW Graduate School and the program to which you are applying. Apply electronically through the Graduate School.
- Succesfully completed the online application.
- Personal statement, also known as reasons for graduate study.
- An official or unofficial copy of transcripts from each college or university attended. The transcripts should be uploaded to the application website.
- Three or more letters of reference from individuals (faculty, staff, supervisor) who can comment on scholastic and research qualifications. These must be sent electronically.
- A brief resume/CV listing academic awards, scholarships, location and length of research experiences, co-authorship on any publications or presentations at scientific conferences. The resume/CV should be uploaded to the application website under the "Statements and CV" tab.
- We no longer require the GRE exam, and any GRE scores submitted will not be considered during the application review.
- Any student whose undergraduate instruction was not in English should also submit results of the TOEFL examination. The code for the University of Wisconsin-Madison is 1846.
- Visit the Graduate School's Requirements page to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements.
- Apply on-line.
- Financial documents are required from international students AFTER the program's recommendation for admission. You may review this information here.
- Last, go the Graduate's School's Checklist to make sure you are sending required materials to the correct location.
- MDTP, University of Wisconsin-Madison
1326 Microbial Sciences
1550 Linden Dr.
Madison, Wl 53706-1569
- Phone: (608) 265-0689
- Fax: (608) 262-9865
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org