Postdoctoral Position Microbiome Therapeutic Development
The Lynch Lab at the University of California San Francisco has an opening for a postdoctoral researcher. We are seeking highly talented and motivated candidates with a strong background in microbiology, immunology, microbial genomics, and murine models of inflammatory bowel disease, to lead pre-clinical in vivo studies of a novel live microbial biotherapeutic.
Candidates will be expected to work independently and be active contributors to the collaborative multidisciplinary team of microbiologists, immunologists and biostatisticians who form the Lynch Lab. The successful candidate will report directly to Dr. Susan Lynch but will work closely with collaborators within and outside of the group. Target start date – October, 2021.
- Isolate target microbes (including anaerobic species)
- Genotype and phenotype microbial strains of interest
- Perform studies of humanized mice including immune and microbiome profiling and RNASeq analyses of murine specimens
- Perform mass spectrometry for detection and quantification of small-molecule microbial products of interest
- Recent Ph.D. (within the last 3 years) in microbiology, immunology, or a related discipline
- Knowledge and familiarity of approaches for isolation and culture of anaerobic microbes
- Background in microbial molecular methods, including whole genome sequencing and annotation
- Experience with murine models, immune profiling, in vitro immune/microbiota profiling and RNAseq analyses
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative research team and effectively interact with a broad range of colleagues from distinct disciplines
- Ability to work independently and productively and to troubleshoot
- Superb organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good lab citizen
- This is a full-time postdoctoral appointment, with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance and continuing availability of funds.
- Salary is dependent on years of post-graduate experience.
- Position will be based at the Parnassus Campus of the University of California San Francisco.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California San Francisco is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF and in particular the Lynch Lab seeks candidates whose skills and personal and professional experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.