BiomEdit Laboratories in Greenfield, IN
Company Overview: BiomEdit is a microbiome company that discovers, designs, and develops novel probiotics, microbiome derived bioactives and engineered microbial medicines to address unmet needs in animal health. We partner with Ginkgo Bioworks to amplify and accelerate product discovery and development with a goal of introducing breakthrough innovation for livestock producers and veterinarians.
Position Summary: BiomEdit is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Research Scientist to discover and develop engineered live biotherapeutics as next generation interventions to address unmet needs in animal health. The Research Scientist will use his skills and knowledge in Molecular Bacteriology, Molecular Biology, Synthetic Biology, Biochemistry and Assay Development to advance engineered live biotherapeuticcandidates from bench to clinical trials on a preset timeline. This position is laboratory-based and will require routine interaction with discovery, development, regulatory and marketing teams within BiomEdit.
• Leveraging state-of-the-art molecular biology, synthetic biology and microbiology techniques, design and execute research approaches on a preset timeline to develop engineered microbial medicines as next generation solutions for animal health. The responsibilities may include planning, design and execution of hands-on laboratory work, data analysis and interpretation, protocol, and Final Study Report (FSR) preparation, and training and supervision of others
• Maintain detailed record of experiments and records
• Lead or participate in multidisciplinary research teams executing projects/programs of work sponsored by various internal and external partners
• Serve as a subject matter expert in microbial strain engineering, synthetic biology,and assay development
• Prepare and present key findings to internal and external audiences
• Stay current with developments in microbial strain engineering, molecular biology, synthetic biology, and assay development and propose new strategies and protocols based on new advances
• Actively support a culture of high accountability through values, behaviors, and actions
• Play an active role in ensuring a safe, compliant, and productive working environment for all scientists and research associates
• PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a closely related subjector a master’s degree with equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of experience working on R&D projects in the human or animal biopharmaceutical/ biotherapeutics/ nutritional/ vaccine industry.
• MS, PhD and/or DVM
• Previous experience working in veterinary biotherapeutics/biopharmaceutical, nutritionals and vaccines R&D
• Demonstrable subject matter expertise in microbial strain engineering, assay development, probiotics, and microbiome
• Strong skills and hands-on experience in molecular biology, synthetic biology, and microbiology techniques
• Demonstrated experience in designing, building, optimizing, and validating different microbial modules to deliver different therapeutic and prophylactic molecules is an advantage
• Experience developing and optimizing regulatory compliant assays for product release is desirable
• Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical/ biotherapeutic/ nutritional/ vaccine regulatory environment in US and/or EU
• Working knowledge of the USDA, FDA and GMP biopharmaceutical/biotherapeutic/ nutritional/ vaccine manufacturing environment
• Proven project and team leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High personal ethical and quality standards
• Capability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
To apply, please visit : BiomEdit
BiomEdit, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.