Oncoveda Cancer Research Center is looking for a PhD level Research Scientist with up to four years’ post-doctoral experience, to start a new group in cellular immunology. You will have earned your PhD in the field of T-cell function, DC/myeloid cell function, immune-epithelial interface, or a related area. You will be interested in bringing your skills to drug discovery, and to exploiting these areas to develop novel therapies in immune-oncology. You will enjoy working independently as part of a larger team, and training and mentoring more junior scientists. Oncoveda is one of the Genesis Research and Development Institutions, whose mission is to improve patient care through drug-discovery and related approaches.
• Design, conduct and analyze experiments to probe and manipulate innate and adaptive immune responses, with the end-goal of discovering small-molecules that modify such responses.
• Work confidently in a range of areas such as: behavior of innate and adaptive immune cells; culture of established and primary cells; isolation of immune-cell subpopulations; quantitation of immune-cell function.
• Utilize appropriate laboratory techniques, such as: qRT-PCR, ELISA, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, siRNA, gel electrophoresis, western blotting, and so on.
• Contribute to expanding the research portfolio of the team.
• Maintain scrupulous laboratory records.
• Write reports and presentations on research data.
• Lead, mentor, and train junior staff.
• Contribute to the safe and efficient running of the laboratory on a day-to-day basis.
• A Ph.D., with published success in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
• An enthusiasm for hands-on laboratory work, and for training others.
• Ability to work to established time-lines.
• Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as appropriate, in a task-fluid environment.
• Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive and act upon detailed information through oral and written communication.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
• Voluntary Policies (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Supplemental STD)
• Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
• 401(k) Plan
• Paid Vacation & Holiday
• Business Casual Environment
• Credit Union
Visit us at www.mdlab.com
Medical Diagnostic Laboratories, LLC is an equal opportunity employer