IMMUNARTES is seeking an enthusiastic Scientist to join our growing organization. The Scientist will be focused on developing serological assays to be used for the analysis of vaccine studies in animals. The Scientist will contribute their knowledge of immune responses to lead assay development that establish correlates of vaccine protection. The Scientist will also contribute leadership and act as a subject matter expert.
We are looking for a highly motived scientist with experience in ELISA and cell-based neutralization assays who can contribute to multiple projects. Some specific duties and tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide expertise in the areas of immune response to antigens, adjuvants and vaccines, and develop ELISA and cell-based assays to evaluate these responses.
• Author, review, and edit SOPs, study protocols, reports and other documentation as needed.
• Plan and execute experiments and analyze data
• Meets goals according to deadlines.
• Write independently technical sections for internal and external reports.
• Summarize data and prepare Power point presentations for technical reviews.
• Supervise junior lab personnel and students as needed.
• A Ph.D. in Microbiology, Immunology or related discipline or a Master’s degree with 3 or more years of experience in the infectious disease / vaccine industry or a related biotechnology field.
• Good problem-solving skills
• Good experimental skills.
• Ability to work independently and be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Extensive knowledge in microbial pathogenesis and experience in vaccine development.
• Substantial hands-on knowledge of recombinant protein purification, ELISA assays, antibodies characterization and flow cytometry.
• Expertise in development and validation of immunoassays
Join us (www.immunartes.com)
IMMUNARTES, LLC is an early-stage biotechnology company based in Chicago focused on developing vaccines and immune therapies against infectious disease. We are an early-stage company, so you will have the opportunity to participate cross-functionally and contribute to the build-out and set-up of new laboratory facilities. We offer an excellent compensation package including competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits. IMMUNARTES is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing a background screen. If interested in this position, please send cover letter and resume to Vilasack Thammavongsa at firstname.lastname@example.org.